In order to be eligible for NYS HAF, a homeowner must be:
- Behind or in forbearance on their mortgage;
- In default on a reverse mortgage;
- Behind on property taxes, water, or sewer bills;
- Behind on monthly maintenance charges of your co-op or condo; or
- Behind on chattel loans, retail installment contracts, or other types of home purchase loans and/or lot rent.
For more information on the NYS HAF, eligibility requirements, and a list of documents needed to apply, please visit https://www.nyhomeownerfund.org/
If you have questions about the program, you can call 1-844-77-NYHAF (1-844-776-9423) Monday-Friday from 9:00am until 5:00pm. Hours will be extended when applications open.
Funds are limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. If you meet the eligibility requirements, do not hesitate to apply when the program begins on January 3.